A favourite recipe of my girls that we have altered slightly to use our sifted red fife or hard red spring flour. They did not notice a difference in taste at all. These are a fun treat to make together!
1 cup of softened butter
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of sifted red fife or hard red spring flour
SPRINKLES OF ALL KINDS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in egg and continue mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix again until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add in your flower and mix until flour is fully incorporated and the dough is not too sticky (can add slightly more flour if needed but do so slowly). The texture will be similar to a sugar cookie dough.
- Grab a small handful of dough and roll into a ball. Gently press down into a bowl of sprinkles of your choice.
- Place each cookie on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. This recipe will yield approximately 24 cookies. They spread out quite a bit when baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges just start to crisp up.
- Let cool on a rack. They will be soft in the middles when you take them out of the oven, when they cool off they will be nice and chewy!